Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Poll
So I don't want to dwell on this subject as it created a rather awkward, embarrassing situation for me. But I have talked to a couple people about my previous post regarding tipping your hairdresser and it seems that everyone has a different idea of what is appropriate. So I thought I would take a poll and see what everyone thinks. Do you think you should tip? How much should you tip? Are there different rules for tipping if you go to their house than if you go to a salon? Just curious...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I am as clueless as you. I usually tip around $4-$5.
Yeah, I just tip a little extra too-whatever I have -$5 or so.
I think you should always tip, unless they've done an awful job. The amount for me depends on how much they charge and if they were accomodating and fit me in last minute. I think I have inadvertently been following restaurant rules.
We already had this discussion in person but now I'm starting to think Scott is an over-tipper when it comes to haircuts, surprising as it may be. Maybe we should google this?
I have no idea. I always tip different amounts and a lot of it depends on how much cash I have on me. Stacy, let me know what you figure out!
I usually tip $5. If my hair dresser gives me an awesome deal I'll tip a lot, what I planned on paying. So I've paid $20 in tip. She styled my hair after she cut it and only charged me $20 when I was there for an hour and a half and it was great. So I over did it and she deserved it. Otherwise $5, unless it's really bad and/or they were rude-no tip!
I googled it. It seems that the consensus is that Scotty is right. You should tip your hairstylist 15-20% and if someone else shampoos your hair, you should tip him or her $3-5. I've actually never gone to a salon where a different people wash and cut my hair. I still don't know if you should tip differently if you are getting a haircut at someone's house.
Post a Comment