So I thought I'd write about what I've done this week. Though I love being home with Logan, sometimes I'll think about the day and can't come up with anything that I've done besides feeding him, changing him, and putting him to bed. I was thinking about this past week and decided there were some things that I accomplished this week. I'm thinking that by acknowledging them, I'll feel a little more productive with my time.
1. I took Logan to the doctor on monday for his one month appointment. He's now 10 lbs 15 oz and is 21 and 3/4 of an inch long. Being the neurotic, paranoid new mother that I am, I asked tons of questions like I always do about things I've been concerned about. The doctor assured me that he's perfect and that his congested nose and crying spells every time he goes potty (yeah I said potty) is completely normal. I was a little skeptical. I mean, she's not around him all the time like I am, but I figure since she's the one who went to medical school and I have absolutely no mommy training (if only there was such a thing), that I'd have to trust she knows what she's talking about.
2. I finished the book The Boy in the Striped Pajamas which is a short book and not a huge accomplishment but lately reading hasn't quite been at the top of my priority list as it once was. It was a really good book but a little predictable. We also went to the library to drop it off. Logan loves outings but it's totally out of my comfort zone with him so I'm proud of myself for just getting out with him.
3. I fancied up a bin in Logan's room and made letters to hang on his wall. I haven't done the decorating part of the nursery but when I do, hopefully soon, I'll post some pictures.
5. Went grocery shopping. We haven't been grocery shopping in 3 months so this was a pretty big deal. To be honest, grocery shopping is literally one of my least favorite things to do so I put it off until it becomes this huge, daunting task. Usually I make the list and give instructions and Scott just goes or we go together. The problem I have is ever since I figured out how to shop frugally by using the ads, coupons, and price matching, grocery shopping has become quite a chore. And since I know the amount of money I can save when I work hard at it, I can never bring myself to just go shopping and buy what I need without researching it to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible. I've always prided myself on my shopping skills. Even after I find what I'm looking for I'll go to every store just to make sure that's the best deal out there. So I should enjoy doing the same with grocery shopping but I just don't get the same rush when I find a really good deal on milk as I do when I get a great pair of stilettos. It's a really silly issue and I'm sure would not be that big of a deal if I just didn't procrastinate it. I've made a new goal, with Scott's coaxing, that I will go to the grocery store every week after the ads come out and just get what we need and what is on sale so I don't feel so overwhelmed when I finally go. Now that I've mentioned this, hopefully I'll be accountable for it.
6. Went to work to parade Logan around. Everyone's been asking about when we're coming up so we finally went. The little stinker stayed asleep the whole time but I guess it's better than being awake and cranky.
For now that's all I can think of but it's only Friday and who knows what next week has in store for us : ) Here's some pictures from this week. He's 5 weeks now.


I think babies in overalls are so cute...


but Logan isn's such a fan.
I think babies in overalls are so cute...
but Logan isn's such a fan.

6 comments:
Oh Cute! It's so hard to adjust in the beginning. You'll get used to being his servant and sleeping on your off time. J/K. You're a great mom! I love the new hair! You have to have "You" time eventhough you're a mom. So good job! He's so handsom BTW!!
Every new mother needs a makeover after having a baby. It's a rule for overcoming 'mommy frump' and making you feel like a woman again. Good luck with frugal shopping... I love it!
This post really made me laugh. I'm proud of all of your accomplishments! I'm actually very impressed with how much you managed to do in one week with a newborn. Logan is so cute and I love that his cheeks seems to be growing at a faster rate than the rest of his body. And I've said it before, but I love the haircut.
Alicia your hair looks great. Love Logan in the overalls, Greatgrandpa would have been so proud. You and Scott have to make time and have datenight, just the 2 of you. Love you all loads, Aunt Sue
GREAT HAIR! I love how much you've done! Now you just need to come out here and enjoy the beach and you'll be all set!
Logan is darling!!! Its great to see pictures of him. =)
Post a Comment