Monday, June 15, 2009

The Love of My Life

I will preface this post by saying this is not for those with a weak stomach...for some it might be nauseating. Yesterday I was thinking about how blessed I am to have Scott as my husband. We just had our 2nd anniversary on May 19th and with the craziness of just having a baby I never took the time to mention how great he is. So I thought I'd dote on my amazing husband and talk a little bit about our history together.Well everything about him is literally perfect for me...no I didn't say he's perfect but Heavenly Father definitely knew what He was doing when He put us together. I actually didn't like him much when we first met because he seemed like he was "too cool" for everyone and everything. Eventually I figured out that he's actually just laid back and reserved and we became friends. We would hang out all the time, text all day at work, and talk on the phone all night...but just as friends. We would even talk to each other about dates we went on, who we were interested in, and give helpful suggestions (from the opposite sex's point of view) on how to "work it." As much as I give him a hard time about it, I will finally admit he made all the moves but, because Scott has a tendancy to be very coy and aloof, I didn't pick up on it at first. He stopped talking about other girls and kept making sure he hung out with me alone (without his roommates) though he couldn't just ask me on a date because that would be too obvious...as I said, "coy" and "aloof." He also went shopping with me, which, anyone who has gone with me knows is literally a day long event where I go to all the stores multiple times and try on the same outfits two or three times so I can ultimately make a decision and determine where I can get what looks best on me for the best value at the best price. My roommate at the time who had "suffered" (her words, not mine) through this with me before convinced me that any guy who does that and still wants to hang out afterwards is looking for more than friendship. One night we were watching a movie and Scott crossed the friendship line. He just cuddled up to me and gave me a kiss. That was it. Six months later we were married.


In addition to his obvious good looks, there are so many things that I just love about Scott. He's not like anyone I've ever met...the perfect combination of a "man's man" who loves cars, sports, and power tools and a caring, loving, sensitive man who doesn't like video games (yay). He's probably going to kill me for writing this. Anyway, he's funny, smart, dependable, respectful, hard working, organized, spiritual...everything a girl could ask for. He's an amazing husband who always helps with the cooking, cleaning and laundry. If it wasn't for him our bills wouldn't get paid, the yard and pool would be a disaster, and we would only have one email : ). That last one was kind of an inside joke. Scott's not the most romantic guy I've ever met but it's the little things that he does that I love so much. He goes grocery shopping, watches chick flicks, and gives me massages. He cares so much about making me happy and treats me like a princess. Since Logan was born he's called or texted every day to make sure we're doing ok. Almost every week I'll come home from young womens and he'll have the floor mopped or vacuumed. A couple weeks ago he found out that our TV has a feature where you can put a note on it and program it to pop up every day at a certain time. So he secretly wrote me a little love note and the next day while I was watching Ellen it popped up. It was a great surprise. He's also such an amazing dad. Once he gets home from work, he goes straight to Logan to give him a kiss and play with him. To give me a break once he gets home from work, he takes over by changing all the diapers and taking care of Logan when he gets fussy. It really is the sweetest thing to see them together. He just loves to cuddle up to his "little guy."

It's so interesting that opposites attract, or at least that's true in our case. Scott is level headed and I'm neurotic. He's responsible and I procrastinate everything. He's subtle and I'm blunt. He likes to keep things to himself and I talk about every thought and feeling. He just likes to get things done and I'm a perfectionist. That's why he's perfect for me. It's like that cliche line from that movie I've never seen, he "completes me." Even though he's much more easygoing than I am, he doesn't let me dominate everything and he keeps me in line. He makes up for what I'm lacking and helps me become better...the type of person I'm supposed to be. The few things I've mentioned really don't even do him justice. I can't put into words how much he means to me. After 2 years I never would've guessed that my love for him would grow so much. I thank God every day that He blessed me with Scott as my husband forever. Each day I fall more and more in love with him.

2 comments:

Nessa said...

Marriage is bliss! He seems great! Your a great wife! 2 years already? Wow!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! But are you talking about the same Scotty I know?