Last week I started Logan on foods other than cereal. I had decided before Logan was born to make all his baby food because, though some of them are much better these days, I'd just like to know exactly what is and isn't in his food. Plus it's cheaper...win, win. Well I had no idea how to do it so I did some research and found out the easiest way to cook a squash and keep in all the nutrients was cut it in half and bake it face down in an inch of water for about an hour. Then I just scooped it out and put it in the mill. So easy! I froze about half of it in ice trays and then bagged it up so I can easily defrost the amount I need when I need it. I absolutely love the food mill and am looking forward to putting all kinds of stuff in it. Apparently you can put in whatever you're eating for dinner and make it into baby food. Anyway, I went to take it out of the dishwasher and found the base melted to the bottom. It is dishwasher safe when it doesn't fall to the bottom and the heat dry option isn't on. I'm so upset about it cause I only used it once and it was such a good time. I do have the option to just order the part that melted but it will end up costing about half the price of a new one anyway. So now I'm on the lookout for a cheap one on craigslist. If you happen to see one, let me know.
The exciting part is, of course, not the making of the food but Logan's reaction to it. So here are a couple videos of the big event. They're kinda long cause I kept trying to get him to eat more since I knew he'd be very hungry if he didn't. I'm sure the grandmas will like them no matter how long they are.
I had decided to mix it with his cereal to see if he could handle it a little better so that's what this one is. It's kind of annoying at first cause he's so noisy but in the end he ends up liking it a little more and helping me feed him. If you listen closely toward the end you can hear Scott singing to himself while he's doing the dishes.
I'm happy to report he loves the squash now. It pretty much only took a day for him to get used to it.

4 comments:
I'm so sad that your mill is out of commission. If you want to borrow ours just let me know because we won't be using it for a while yet.
Cutest videos ever. I love that stage... so delicious (the babies, not necessarily the baby food). Thanks for our early morning entertainment, my kids loved it!
How come it is just Dad's mess to clean up? Just wondering. Aunt Sue
It's his mess because I was fixing to leave
Post a Comment