Tuesday, November 3, 2009

6 Months

Logan went to the doctor last week for his six month checkup and shots. He did really well with the shots. I was very prepared and gave him his Tylenol right before he even got the shots. His growing has really slowed down since his last checkup. He weighs a little over 16 lbs and is 26 in long. Instead of being on the large end of average, he's now on the smaller end.
Here's just some pictures I took the other day.

This is one of his most common faces lately. He loves sucking on that bottom lip.
He wanted to help out with the picture taking and grabbed the camera right as it took the picture.
Logan is a great eater and has become very interested in whatever food we eat. He loves trying to help feed himself and really loves playing with the bowl afterwards. It's a good thing he's cute cause he is such a mess. I'm doing laundry and scrubbing the floor a lot more often than I'd like to.

Some recent accomplishments are that he can grab anything, big or small, within his reach. He can hold his own bottle (when he's not being lazy). And he can not only roll everywhere but he's now starting to scoot and "inchworm" around, especially when there's something he wants but can't reach.
I'm not sure why we buy him toys because his favorite things to play with are my water bottles, cell phone, and any kind of paper...especially magazines. He'll choose those over his noisy, light-up toys any day. If any of those things are in sight, he will find a way to get a hold of them.


Logan still loves looking at and talking to himself in the mirror. He loves being outside or just looking outside. Whenever he gets upset, as long as there's a window or a mirror to look at, he's pretty happy. He no longer likes his car seat as much or anything else, for that matter, that restricts him from moving how he wants to. He's also started to try and pull himself up and sit up all on his own. Both are still a working progress but we lowered his crib just in case. If I don't keep an eye on him sometimes he'll even unvelcro his diaper. He hates getting his face and hands cleaned and to get his clothes changed. He fusses any time he can't move to where he wants or reach whatever it is he sees. Needless to say he's become much more mobile and much more opinionated. I think I have my work cut out for me. For the majority of the time, however, he's a great baby. He eats and sleeps like a champ and is, for the most part, always happy, especially if he has someone to play and talk to him. Every morning I get him out of bed laughing and squealing with excitement. We just can't get over how much he's growing and changing. His sweet little face just melts our hearts.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

How stinking cute is he! Thanks for all the updates. He looks absolutely kiss-able!

Ruth said...

Aren't happy-morning babies so dang wonderful?!