Friday, May 27, 2011

Up to something...

Here's just a few things I've been working on that I took pictures of. This table and chair set is VERY OLD (I thought you'd like that Mom and Aunt Sue). The stamp on it says Dec 1956. My mom and aunt played with it when they were little, my brother and I played with it when we were kids, and now my boys get it. It's in great condition but I thought it might need a little updating since the paint was wearing off a little and the vinyl was a little stained. Here's the before...
And after...
I got this giant cupcake tin for Christmas and finally got around to trying it out by making it for Scott on our anniversary. I was kind of in a hurry so it's nothing fancy but here it is. No matter how lazily you decorate a giant cupcake, it still looks cute.
Logan's room is sports themed and I've been trying to spruce it up since we moved him into the guest room when Grayson was born. I just bought those frames from Savers and spray painted them and just put scrapbook paper in it. It's not that cool but a super easy cheap way to decorate.
I started this a long time ago but never finished until now. I think this frame was from Good Will. I spray painted it too and just put some hooks and wires in it.
There's a few more things I've been doing but no pictures yet. Mostly I've been working on replacing all the velcro and elastic in the boys' cloth diapers. I don't have much free time lately but when I do I'm either reading or trying to figure out new cheap, easy way to decorate my house. I'd love to hear if anyone has any good ideas.

2 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Then you can come to Utah and decorate my house! :)

Anonymous said...

Watch out with the very old comment! Alicia the table and chairs look great. Hope the table lasts through your kids and maybe even theirs. Aunt Sue