Thursday, April 21, 2011

Father's and Son's Campout

Scott took Logan to the Father's and Son's campout a couple weeks ago. He literally has been looking forward to this since I was pregnant with Logan and now he was finally old enough to go. The weekend of the campout we had record breaking cold temperatures here. I tried to talk him out of taking my baby camping in the freezing cold but he insisted. It pretty much turned out how I expected. I'm not sure if anyone nearby their tent got any sleep. Logan either wouldn't or couldn't sleep and then wanted to play outside the tent where it was freezing cold, wet, and even snowing. Needless to say, Scott came home cold and exhausted. If Logan was tired, he didn't show it. Scott would never give me the satisfaction of saying he wished they hadn't gone but it definitely wasn't as good as he'd hoped. Now he has the camping bug and wants to give it another shot when the weather is a little more cooperative.
This is Logan "helping" Scott unload the car after their big weekend. You'd never guess it was freezing outside or that he had only slept a few hours the whole 24 hours before. This kid is seriously the energizer bunny.

1 comment:

mrs t said...

Everything about this post is hysterical.