Logan turned one last week. I still can't believe how fast it's all gone by. Here are some updates...
He's almost 20 pounds (19 lbs and 14 oz to be exact) and 29 inches long.
He's almost 20 pounds (19 lbs and 14 oz to be exact) and 29 inches long.
Though he's still not walking, he climbs on top of everything! Once he gets on top he stands and raises his arms like he's the king of the world...very scary since his balance isn't spectacular. Some of his favorite things to climb on are the leather chair sitting right by the tile floor and some curtains he loves to pull on and the dishwasher where he loves to pull out all the silverware (including the cutco knives) and throw them around the kitchen. If he's too short to climb on top, he just uses something else to boost himself up. I can't believe how smart he is. I literally have to watch him like a hawk and yet he still finds ways to destroy things and injure himself. I know. You don't have to tell me, experienced moms . It'll only get worse. 

Logan also finally got his top two teeth. It seems like he's been cutting those suckers for months.
Logan also finally got his top two teeth. It seems like he's been cutting those suckers for months.
Logan is completely weaned. He only drinks whole milk from a sippy cup now. Which, can I just say, no one warned me how emotional it would be on me. I was worried about Logan having a really hard time and, though it wasn't easy, I think I cried more about it than he did. I miss that snuggle time and my little baby.
Logan's new favorite food is strawberries. He could eat them for every meal, every day, for the rest of forever and I think he would be completely happy...but I don't let him. He still eats like a champ with both fist fulls going at once and pretty much any food I give him.
I'm realizing this is very unique. He still takes three naps even after sleeping 11-12 hours a night. I'm starting to see he gets a lot of traits from his mama.
He knows how to get off furniture by himself...though sometimes he forgets and tries to get down head first.
Logan LOVES kids. He will follow them around and try to be involved in everything he can. His cousin Grace stayed the night a couple weeks ago and he literally followed her everywhere like a little puppy dog.
There's probably more new things but that's all I could think of right now. He still loves music, animals, books, being outside, going to stores to meet new people, squealing very very loudly, and being naked.
Everyone who meets Logan says he's just the happiest kid they've ever met. If he's not sick or tired, he's smiling, laughing, squealing or bouncing for joy. You just can't have a bad day hanging out with someone like that all the time. I cherish every moment with him. It's a joy and love I've never known until he came into my life and I thank Heavenly Father every day for blessing our family with him. Being a parent is amazing and having a kid like Logan just makes it that much better. (I know, we all think we have the best kid but humor me.)
Here's some of Logan's many faces...





Stay tuned for zoo and birthday party pictures!

3 comments:
Cant wait to see his bday pics! I can not believe how time flies...befor eyou know it he will be turing 5!
Oh Alicia...he's too cute! I love his many faces and am glad he's feeling better!
So cute! I'm a little nervous for weaning as well.I know I"ll be just as emotional as you were. I'm not looking forward to it at all!
Post a Comment