Tuesday, April 10, 2012

November in April

For Thanksgiving, we went to Arizona. I don't have any pictures of this holiday for some reason. I always forget to get out the camera when we go to Arizona because it feels so normal and I forget we don't live there or see the people there very often anymore. Since it's been months, I'll do my best to document it. We stayed with Scott's parents and the boys loved every second of it. They love the attention from everyone, the big house to play in, and all the awesome toys. Logan will play with all the cars and trucks that they have for hours at a time which is pretty much unheard of with the attention span of my 2 year old. Logan literally cried when he realized we were leaving grandma and grandpas for good and asked for weeks after we left if we could go to grandma and grandpa's house because it was "not too far away." It breaks my heart when he's so sad to not be able to go to Grandma and Grandpa's or Nana and Papa's house. Maybe some day we'll live close to everyone. Anyway, we did a little pre Black Friday shopping on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and then a little Black Friday shopping hours after all the crowds were gone. It was great and super easy. Scott's birthday always lands somewhere right around Thanksgiving and so it sometimes gets a little forgotten and smooshed in with the Thanksgiving celebrations but he had a couple small events this year. We met up with our friends the night of his birthday and had some cake and great company and then the next day, his mom had some friends and family come over for some more celebrating. Scott turned 31 this year and if I was caught up on my blog I might have written 31 wonderful things about him but since it's April and I'm blogging about November, I'll just say I love this man more than I can express and I'm so grateful that he's my husband and the father of my children. Thanksgiving is the perfect day to celebrate Scott because we should all be thankful to have him in our lives. Oh and just to document this, the drive home from Arizona the Sunday after Thanksgiving is a complete nightmare. I swear we will never make that drive again.

No comments: