Grayson turned 1 at the end of February. After a month and a half I still can't believe it. I'm getting a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes just thinking about how fast he's growing up. Scott's parents were in town so we just had a little family party while they were here. I decided to make him a lion cake. Grayson seriously loved all the attention on him and surprisingly handled his little 3 layer cake like a pro. I wonder where he gets that from.
This face absolutely kills me. He is not messing around.
I should probably give an update on my little man. He can say dada, mama, hi, dog, and all done (this one in sign language). He loves giving kisses and hugs to mom, dad, and Logan. After standing up in the middle of the room and taking random steps for months, at 13 months he decided to walk. I left the house for 15 minutes and when I came back, Scott had him walking. I couldn't believe I, who am with him all day every day, missed his very first official steps. Scott said he was so excited that he was literally cracking up as he was walking the first few times. Grayson is super happy and easy going. He is also super busy. I have decided that 1 year olds are much more work than 2 or 3 year olds, however much sweeter and easier to get along with. He's into everything and climbing on top of everything. He follows Logan everywhere and tries to do everything he does. I know. I'm in trouble. He loves food and will pretty much eat anything I put in front of him, which I'm shocked about considering how picky he was when he first started eating. He loves throwing things and has quite an arm on him. Literally everything is his ball. Every meal time makes me cringe. Food gets thrown everywhere. I literally have to vacuum and either mop or spot clean after every meal and snack. Unlike Logan, he loves being messy and dirty so my need for cleanliness is slowly getting worn down as I attempt to preserve my sanity. His favorite place to be is outside in the dirt. He loves balloons and dogs and he can spot either a mile away. He also loves to dance and can be entertained with music for a very long time. If he's upset or can't sleep, all I have to do is sing and he immediately calms down. He is definitely a mama's boy and when he's tired or upset, only mama can make him feel better. We just love the pieces out of him. His sweet face just melts my heart. I can hardly stand it. We're so blessed to have him in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment