Thursday, January 19, 2012

Grayson update

Since I've been super lazy about blogging, my children are not getting updates near as much as I'd like them to. The first year has so many milestones that I don't feel I'll ever get everything as documented as I'd like to but I'm going to attempt to do my best right now.

Milestones:
Rolling: 2 months
First teeth(he got the bottom 2 at the same time): 4 months
First food: avocado...he gagged but now it's one of his favorites
Giving kisses: 4 months (although at that point it was mostly just to mom)
Crawling: 5 months
Deciding there was too much to see and do to nurse: 6 months (my heart was broken)
Pulling up to stand: 6 months
Standing with no help: 8 months
Climbing: 9 months
Walking around the house pushing things: 9 months
Waving: 10 months although it resembles more of a "Hitler greeting" than a wave
First word: Mama! (10 months) I seriously couldn't have been more excited about that. Logan's first word was Dada and it took him forever to say Mama.

Favorites:
Food: banana, bread, avocado, anything sweet that he can get his hands on and anything unhealthy. (Logan was such a good eater and now I'm realizing it had nothing to do with what I did. Grayson is a terrible eater and I did the same thing with him.)
Person: Mom of course. He's a huge mama's boy. Though Dad and Logan aren't far behind. He literally lights up the second either of them walk in the room.
No-nos: eating unauthorized food(he recently snuck Logan's chicken nuggets and had eaten 4 before I put a stop to it), climbing on top of things to reach what he wants, pulling hair, throwing things, making noises as loud as possible, playing with anything bathroom- toilet, toilet brush, scale, toilet paper, and every time I can't find him, he's in the shower.
Activities: Swinging, singing songs, banging on everything like drums, playing with toys, especially things with wheels...go figure, wrestling with dad and Logan, shoulder rides, baths, crawling everywhere and getting into everything.

Currently:
At 10.5 months he's about 19 lbs. and 30 in. long. He has 5 teeth, 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom. He still isn't walking which totally surprises me since he's been on the move for so long but I don't think it'll be much longer.

Mr. Personality:
I really thought Grayson was going to be my mellow child and compared to Logan, it may still be true but this kid is a ball of energy. He is constantly in motion. He's been around the 90th percentile for his height and about 20 for his weight ever since he could move because he hasn't stopped moving since. He's pretty easy going and happy all the time. He smiles at everyone he sees and has a few tricks up his sleeve to get the attention of anyone that's not giving it to him. He makes super loud noises to get someone to look and then he flashes a huge smile at them. He also makes the funniest face where he wrinkles up his nose and starts snorting. It's hilarious! When Grayson gets excited or thinks something is funny, he usually raises his arms in the air and opens his mouth as wide as it will possibly go. He has that same attitude Logan does. If he doesn't feel like doing it and it's not his idea, you're just wasting your time. (stop snickering Mom and Scott) When we try and walk with him holding his hands, he'll just sit down. If he doesn't want to eat it, he won't no matter how hungry he is or the fact that he's had it every day for a month. If he wants something, he'll get it no matter what he has to do to reach it or get someone to reach it for him. Unlike Logan, he is very content on playing all by himself. He doesn't need to be in the same room as everyone and easily gets lost because he's so quiet just playing with toys and getting into whatever he can. He's also super ticklish. Just fixing the back of his shirt or putting his socks on him gets him cracking up. He also loves his big brother. He wants to be where Logan is and play with whatever Logan plays with. They are seriously so cute together and are going to be such good buddies.

I remember thinking how weird it would be to add another person to the mix and wondering if it would feel out of place. I remember wondering how I could possibly love another person the same as I love Logan. Now, it seems so silly that I ever thought that would be a problem. I can't imagine our family without him...like he's always been a part of it. From the second he was born I found out you really can love multiple people that much and in that same way. His easy going, yet outgoing, happy, noisy, busy personality fits right in.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Sounds like he keeps you hopping! :)