Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Joy in the Journey

I know it's been forever since I've posted anything. Once I get behind on something, I just put it off more and more. It's a terrible flaw I have. Anyway, I'm finally attempting to catch up.

On Memorial weekend I went to our ward's girls camp. It was from Saturday to Tuesday so it worked out really well since Scott could watch Logan every day except Tuesday. Thanks to Scott's family for helping out on Tuesday : ). By the way, much to my surprise, Logan did great and didn't even notice I was gone. This was the first time I've been to girl's camp since I was in young womens. I had forgotten how fun girl's camp really is. It was like a 4 day slumber party with skits, good food, games, crafts, dancing, singing, hiking, and of course some spiritual uplift. The theme was Find Joy in the Journey and I'm pretty sure everyone did. Honestly I didn't have too much responsibility when it came to camp and it was actually a nice little vacation for me. I had great food that I never had to prepare and I didn't have to worry about cleaning up the house or changing diapers. It was wonderful. The only thing I can say is I was having a huge insomnia problem and literally didn't sleep more than about 2 or 3 hours a night. I remember the good ol days when I could do that and not collapse. Well lets just say I'm too old for that now and I almost died from exhaustion by the time I got home.

They made the most wonderful doughnuts I've ever eaten...and boy did I eat them. I think I had 4 or 5. I wasn't the only one that went overboard. Some of the girls were eating like 10 doughnuts. Needless to say, that was the beginning of mayhem. They were all high on sugar and went bonkers...wrestling, giggling, screaming, and playing pranks on each other.
We had Sacrament meeting on Sunday which was really cool just being out in nature, feeling the Spirit, and not having a toddler climb all over you chatting your ear off. It was a really spiritual, relaxing day. Yes, we wore dresses at camp.
This is where the leaders slept.
This is one of the tents where the girls slept. Sometimes you get special privileges when you're a leader.
Our ward has a goal to make a certain number of bears ( I can't remember how many. Maybe 100) so one of the things we did on Sunday was this service project craft.

No comments: