Saturday, February 27, 2010
Is it just me or...
Okay so I've been really enjoying the Olympics. Go USA! But I have one huge complaint...Lindsey Vonn. I mean, yes of course, I'm glad she represented and got us a gold but so did many other great Olympians. What's so great about Lindsey? I turn on the TV, Lindsey Vonn. Turn on the radio, Lindsey Vonn. Turn on the computer, Lindsey Vonn. Heck I'm sick of hearing about her and yet here I am blogging about her right now. She just seems so whiny and just begging for attention and, for whatever reason, everyone gives it to her. I guarantee she's not the first person that had a small injury and still pulled off winning a medal for us. I don't want to minimize what she did but seriously if I hear one more word about her bruised shin I will just scream. I hate to admit it but by the end of the women's skiing I was rooting against her. All I wanted was for Julia Mancuso to kick her little blond behind. Anyway I'm sure she'll have a ton of endorsement deals so I know it's not all over but I can't tell you how excited I am for this Vonn obsession to eventually die down. I was just wondering if I was the only one who felt this way or if someone could shed some light on what I'm obviously in the dark about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am with ya! I was sick of her whinny voice after day 3. We were rooting for Julia in this house and I was totally bummed when she had to re-do her last race.
I hear ya...everytime they let her talk on camera she TALKS FOREVER and on and on! She is a favorite and I have no idea why.
I hear ya...everytime they let her talk on camera she TALKS FOREVER and on and on! She is a favorite and I have no idea why.
I was done with Lindsey after she threw herself on the ground and hysterically cried after that first, gold medal race. The only reason I can come up with is that she is an ideal candidate for the media. She posed in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition, she is pretty, and she is blonde (no disrespect to you my dear).
Hear, hear! I totally agree! I was all Vonn-ed out as well :) And now she just won the World Cup again... so there won't be an end to her reign as the ski-talker of the world!
Post a Comment