Thursday, January 14, 2010

8 months

Okay so I'm so behind Logan's closer to 9 months than 8 at this point but I've been posting every month so far and I don't wanna stop now. I usually give an update of his height and weight but we'll just wait til his 9 month check up. Here's a list of new things he's up to:

Pulls himself up to standing position.
Can and has crawled across the room but usually prefers scooting.
Is currently cutting his two bottom teeth...yuck. He's running 101.5 temp, not sleeping or eating and cries all the time. It better not be like this for all his teeth.
Can go from the crawling position to the sitting position and the other way around.
Reaches for people when he wants them to hold him.
Has a very strong preference for his Mama and has become very clingy.
LOVES to play peek-a-boo.
Gives kisses.
Can throw things.
Can feed himself finger foods. Cheerios are his favorite.
Spits and locks his mouth shut when he doesn't want to eat something.
Has a huge sensitivity to eggs...we had two very bad experiences involving a lot of vomit and a splotchy face.
He walks on all fours. He started doing this when he wanted to go into the kitchen, but not touch the cold tile, he'd just get up on is hands and feet and move that way. This is a pretty new discovery so he doesn't go too far.

A few firsts (many of which occurred during the Oklahoma trip):
Cheerios
Bread
Pancake
Cracker
Black beans
Pasta
Egg : (
Broccoli
Spinach
Meatball
Apple
Banana
Snow
Plane Rides
Illness (pink eye and ear infections)
Christmas
Opening presents
Being away from Dad
First time in Oklahoma
First "girlfriend"...he met her at church in OK and it was love at first sight.

Most likely there's a lot more updates but that's all I can come up with right now.

Here he is with his huge stuffed dog at Nana and Papa's house. When he was tired, he'd just cuddle right up to it (and he's not cuddly).



This was Nana's favorite bib. I forgot to post it last time so here it is.


Fun in the Tub.




I always try to get a picture of him grabbing my face and giving me kisses but they always turn out looking something like this.


Enjoying some first foods.

I wouldn't let him have any frozen yogurt but I let him wear a bowl as a hat. He actually kept it on for quite awhile.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I loved this post! Logan is getting so big. I love the walking on 4's not wanting to touch the tile. Adorable!

Stephanie said...

what a CUTIE!