So today we went to the Dr for Logan's 4 month appointment. He is getting HUGE. He weighs 15lbs 7oz which is in the 50-75% and he's 25 and 1/2 in. long which is in the 75%. So far he's proving to be a fairly tall kid which is funny since neither Scott nor I (especially me) are tall at all. Logan is changing so much. New developments are...he can officially roll. He mainly rolls from his stomach to his back but occasionally from his back to his belly. His favorite position, though, is to just roll onto his sides. He stands up when you hold him on your lap and he's talking, laughing and squealing even more. Yes, mom, I do have video of your grand baby but because the program is a little weird I'm still working on figuring out how to get it posted. Anyway, he goes to bed without any problems for all his naps, he's been consistently sleeping through the night and on a solid schedule for about a month now which has been amazing compared to the first month or two. He's starting to drool and chew on everything but no sign of teeth yet. Good pictures are few and far between first, because our camera broke and we just had our phones for pictures and second, because the new camera we got has a red light before the flash goes off that stops Logan from smiling or doing whatever he was doing and puts him in a trance.



Also, he's starting to really love playing with toys and can now sit up really well with a little support so he likes his jumparoo and his bumbo.


Now when I'm cooking, he can be mama's little helper. This week we'll be starting Logan on rice cereal. I can't believe he's big enough to eat with a spoon now.

He also has become extremely interested in the tv. When I turn it on I purposely turn him away from it because he becomes so mesmerized but, as you can see, he still finds a way to watch it. 

Another recent development is that I've been using cloth diapers. I initially became interested in them because some friends and even perfect strangers randomly told me how much they liked them while I was pregnant. I honestly had never even considered them but after talking to them and doing a lot of online research I decided to give them a try. After a little over a month of trial and error I have to say I agree with everyone I've talked to. They really are great. There are quite a few reasons why I like them so much. First, they're cheaper. These diapers are one size adjustable which means this is what Logan will wear the whole time he's in diapers plus all children to come after him. They're just like regular diapers with velcro...not like the old school kind my mom used with large safety pins and towels. They're also really good for babies' skin and they keep the bum so dry I don't have to change him near as often. He's never had diaper rash by the way. Also, we haven't had one blowout since I started using them which is a huge deal considering how many he had before then. They're not hard to clean and I only have to do laundry every few days. (The cost is still significantly cheaper with the laundry factored in.) Plus, I'm being so trendy by being green and saving the environment. And, last but not least, they're cute. 

He also has become extremely interested in the tv. When I turn it on I purposely turn him away from it because he becomes so mesmerized but, as you can see, he still finds a way to watch it.


Another recent development is that I've been using cloth diapers. I initially became interested in them because some friends and even perfect strangers randomly told me how much they liked them while I was pregnant. I honestly had never even considered them but after talking to them and doing a lot of online research I decided to give them a try. After a little over a month of trial and error I have to say I agree with everyone I've talked to. They really are great. There are quite a few reasons why I like them so much. First, they're cheaper. These diapers are one size adjustable which means this is what Logan will wear the whole time he's in diapers plus all children to come after him. They're just like regular diapers with velcro...not like the old school kind my mom used with large safety pins and towels. They're also really good for babies' skin and they keep the bum so dry I don't have to change him near as often. He's never had diaper rash by the way. Also, we haven't had one blowout since I started using them which is a huge deal considering how many he had before then. They're not hard to clean and I only have to do laundry every few days. (The cost is still significantly cheaper with the laundry factored in.) Plus, I'm being so trendy by being green and saving the environment. And, last but not least, they're cute.
Here's just a pic of my little guy in his cute bum genius diapers and his little band-aid from his shots today. I'm glad to say I was prepared this time and gave him Tylenol immediately so he didn't have to suffer like last time. The poor little guy did much better this go-around.


4 comments:
It happens so fast doesn't it! He has amazing eyes!
4 months is such a fun phase!!! Especially when they are sleeping like gems. Our camera also has the little red light, and it used to make Bren do a cute little squinty thing right when I was taking the pic. I don't know what camera you have, but ours will only let a video upload onto blogger if it is shorter than 50 seconds long. Are those cloth daipers the ones with disposable liners?
No I have a friend that is trying those kind of diapers out but the disposable liners are pretty expensive. The diapers I'm using have washable liners so everything just goes in the laundry.
I have been thinking about the cloth diapers since you brought them. I'm glad you like them.
I have some time to think about it b/c we have SOOOO many diapers already! Then again, I guess that could be in just a few weeks the way he goes through them.
Post a Comment