Saturday, May 30, 2009

Logan Kyler Bair

Against everyone's will we decided to keep the name a secret even though we were bribed and threatened by our family and friends to at least give them a hint. We really only had his first name picked out and it wasn't until the night before he was born that we actualy decided on his middle name. I think we'll probably take that route with our future children as well. We ended up having to stay at the hospital an extra day because Logan was jaundiced. We came home on Saturday but had to go back to the hospital on Monday and stayed until Wednesday. The poor little guy had a lot of "cooking" to do under the lamps. We were just so glad to finally get him home for good. I knew Logan had personality before he ever came out but it became more apparent once he was actually born. He loves to "mark his territory." Right after he was born, he peed all over the nurse and since then has peed on almost every spot in our house, his own face, and of course Scott and I get it almost daily. He was kind of a dream baby the first couple weeks. He was eating and sleeping really well and when he was awake he was just a little angel. At nine days I was taking pictures of all his little smiley faces and it was like he was loving every minute of his little photo shoot. We had been reading a book called "Babywise" and planning how we were going to get him on a schedule and get him to start sleeping through the night and everything was looking really good so far. Scott and I are completely clueless about what we're doing so it's all been quite the learning experience for both of us. Anyway, the book seemed so clear on what to do and we were certain that if we followed the instructions everything would fall into place. Well at two and a half weeks he became a different baby and he wasn't being cooperative or following any intructions. Now he's really cranky at times, is very inconsistent with eating, and never wants to go to sleep even though he's completely exhuasted. He keeps me up at night, of course, and makes me really work hard at everything from getting him to eat and sleep to dressing and burping him. We've almost thrown out the "Babywise" book so if anyone has gotten this to work for them please let me know your secret cause we're already behind on his progress toward our goal of sleeping all night. Anyways, one thing that hasn't changed since birth is his terrifying scream/cry when we change his diaper. I don't know if he'll ever get used to it. All I have to say is it's a good thing he's so dang cute or I might be tempted to just send him back. We do have some really good, calm, happy times but we're much more grateful for them than we were the first 2 weeks.
Scott's putting on Logan's very first diaper minutes after he was born.




Our very first family photoTime to finally go home...


Our first couple days home...Little did we know we'd be right back in the hospital on Monday. Poor little guy.

So after we finally got to come home for good I decided to do a little photo shoot. This is Logan at 9 days old. He has quite a personality.

3 comments:

Jocee Bergeson said...

Hey! I'm Stacy's friend and she emailed me asking for me to get in touch w/ you in case I might be able to help you figure out Babywise. It is awesome and I promise it will work for you!! It doesn't happen right away but it will pay off big time w/in a few months. If you need some tips, let me know what's going on and I can try to help. I had a dream baby #1 and a very hard baby #2 so I have a bit of experience w/ both ends of the spectrum. My email is joceeb@gmail.com. Hope things are going ok. You'll survive!! :)

Ruth said...

Babywise also worked very well for both of my children. I was a breastfeeding mom as well. Like Jocee, I'm not quite sure what to say without knowing specifics, so feel free to e-mail me at clint_ruth@yahoo.com. I also promise you that it will pay off in the end, so don't give up!!!

Anonymous said...

hey alicia...its me reina. i came to check out your blog. I love it and I love the pictures!!!! by the way i love twilight too!!!