Now that this part is all over with I'm a little more able to talk about it. First of all, if anyone ever told me how hard pregnancy was I'm not so sure I would have shed all those tears and had so many sleepless nights during the heartwrenching year we were trying to get pregnant. I realize not everyone has such a difficult experience during pregnancy and to those I say "I really don't want to hear about it." Though I know things could always be worse and I'm grateful they weren't that didn't make my experience any easier. I had morning sickness all day and my whole pregnancy, however, by the last couple months as long as I took my perscription I didn't get sick or even feel sick most of the time, thank goodness. Having diabetes I stressed out trying to take extremely good care of myself and my little bundle of joy. I tested my sugar about 10 times a day and changed my medication doses sometimes twice a week but I was still so guilt stricken if anything wasn't perfect even if there was nothing I could do about it. I went to the doctor every week to every 2 weeks the majority of the pregnancy and then my last trimester it was twice a week which got so old but for the most part it gave me some peace of mind. I think aside from the diabetes stuff the first couple trimesters were pretty normal with the exhaustion, aches and pains, sickness, discomforts, mood swings, etc. but the end was a different story. The little sucker was growing very big despite the fact I had regulated my blood sugar better than I ever had before plus someone that's 5 feet tall doesn't have a whole lot of room for a big baby to fit anyway so sitting, standing, sleeping, walking was extremely uncomfortable. I developed a couple of uncommon but normal pregnancy symptoms. One was PUPPS which is this awful rash all over your belly that itches and burns unlike anything I have ever felt before. Apparently only 1 percent of pregnant women get this. It, of course, can't be cured and doesn't go away until after delivery and progressively gets worse throughout the pregnancy. There's nothing you can do to treat it or relieve the pain except for put on some lotion wich isn't that effective. I also developed polyhydramnios which pretty much just means I had a lot of extra amniotic fluid. Not a big deal right? Wrong. Remember how I mentioned my baby was big and I was, well, once a small person? Well add a bunch of extra fluid to that and you have a ridiculously huge, uncomfortable Alicia. Only 1 percent of women develope this as well. I'm the lucky one that got both. People literally thought I was ready to pop like 10 weeks before I was even due. Then toward the last month and a half I started having high blood pressure which just makes you feel yucky. Luckily the doctor took me off work once the polyhydramnios developed and my blood pressure started rising. At 37 weeks they decided to put me out of my misery and get the little guy out. They did an amnio test to make sure his lungs were developed, which they were, and scheduled an induction for Wednesday, April 29 at 3pm. So Tuesday we packed up, did a little video journal about what was going to take place the next day and went to bed excited for the next day. Then at 1am my water broke, which after losing what seemed to be 5 gallons from my big belly I immediately was feeling relieved and decided I could have gone much longer if all that fluid wasn't making me so miserable. Anyway I was just glad to know the little guy was as ready to come as much as I was ready for him to come. He was born at 6:25pm so he took his time but it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Just the last hour and a half was the only really difficult part. He weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. I was so glad I had him early or he might have been around 9 lbs if I had him at 40 weeks. The second I saw that beautiful baby boy straight from our Heavenly Father with his perfect little button nose and his adorable chubby cheeks I knew why I had gone through it all and why Scott and I had prayed and fasted so long for the Lord to bless us with a child. We thank God every day for our little miracle.
Here I am at 27 weeks.


This was at my shower. I was 32 weeks.

The next 2 were at 36 weeks.


After all the hard work Logan was finally here.

P.S. Yes much more pictures are coming of Logan...what you all really are waiting for.
2 comments:
You look so happy and cute pregnant. It's not an easy thing looking cute pregnant but you totally pulled it off! Can't wait to see how big he is now. They change so much so fast! Congrats again, so excited for you two!
I'm sorry you're pregnancy was so rough - what a blessing to have Logan here now!! I hope everything is going well. :)
Post a Comment