Friday, March 13, 2009

Scott's Feminine Side

I found these pictures from a few months ago and thought this needed to be documented. A few months after we moved into our ward I was called as a beehive advisor. I'll admit I was a little intimidated by this calling considering it's been a long time since I was 12 or 13 and I don't know the first thing about what girls that age are into these days. I know...what am I 80? But that's really how I felt. Anyway, one of the girls, Penelope, lives a few streets away and occasionally stops by for a surprise visit. One night she came over and brought one of her sisters. I happened to be painting my nails and thought this would be a good opportunity to have some serious girl bonding with some manis and pedis. Well...apparently not a whole lot has changed since I was 12 or 13 because what was more intriguing than having their nails painted by their cool, new leader was, of course, chasing Scott around trying to paint his nails. Needless to say, there wasn't a lot of girl bonding with all the attention on Scott. It was, however, very entertaining to see Scott run away and get attacked by little blonde girls with nail polish in their hands. Ultimately a compromise had to be made because there was no way I was letting those three make a mess out of the carpet and also because they pretty much wouldn't give up, or leave, until they accomplished their goal. So Scott ended up agreeing to sit still if they painted only one toenail each. I just had to save the girl bonding for another time.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

That is funny! I bet you are loving this calling. I have to say Young Women's is my favorite (next to being an RS teacher!) Yay for you and Scott.

Scott...you're so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I WISH I could have witnessed that first hand. I think it is so funny that the girls were so interested in being flirty with an old man!! How come Scott never let me paint his toenails when we were kids? All I ever got to do with him was play cars. I'm still waiting for my revenge....

Ruth said...

I'm pretty sure I saw a good shot of Scott's feminine side when he had to act out 'mermaid' at his parents' house after Robin's wedding in July. I can't even remember the name of the game (it was Christi's idea), but I do remember Scott flopping about on the floor with his legs sealed together. So funny!

The Robertson Family said...

This is so funny. I'll show Jeff. He'll love it! Good job Alicia and good luck with the calling. It does sound intimidating. Hope the pregnancy is going great! I can't wait until we move back to Az. We're looking forward to moving close to your area if not very close to you two! Jeff misses his other half. lol. Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

Man i got to get back in the house. I am loosing scott

Ruth said...

Ahem, ahem. We are patiently awaiting cute pictures of baby Bair, please!