I always have some sort of project going on to add something to my day that doesn't involve diapers, cleaning, dishes, laundry, cooking, or Logan. I mean I love staying home with my little guy but, you know how it is, some things get SO old and I need something else to focus my energy on. Anyway, I wouldn't say this has been the most exciting project, but I'm accomplishing something that's been on my list for awhile and I think the end result was worth it. We painted our whole house last year right before Logan was born. By the end, I was so big and tired Scott had to pretty much do it all himself so we never got around to painting the doors. I decided it was time to get it done, which has been extremely drawn out since the only time I can do it is when Logan is sleeping and I have nothing else going on during that time. We also have hideous, brass door knobs on all the doors so I decided I had to do something about that as well. Since door knobs are so expensive, I decided to try and just paint them. So I just sanded them down a little and sprayed them with a metallic paint for made specifically for metal. I'm pretty happy with the results so far and the best part is it only cost the price of two cans of paint. I'm not quite finished with all the doors but here's what one looks like.
Before...

After...

P.S. The new paint looks sparkly in the picture but it doesn't actually look like that in person.
1 comment:
So cool! Way to go Alicia. I feel like its been forever since we talked to you guys.
Post a Comment