Tuesday, December 8, 2009

7 Months

Logan turned 7 months last week. I know I say this all the time but I seriously can't believe how fast time flies and how much he changes. He weighs about 18 lbs. and is 26 3/4 in long. He still isn't crawling but he's getting very quick at scooting. He can sit up all on his own and in turn can now ride in a cart without his car seat. Yay! Literally every time we go to the store at least one person comments on how excited he looks to be alive. He just thinks he's livin the high life riding around in the carts like a big boy.


One of his favorite things to do is stand up to play. He was kinda cranky one day and wasn't very interested in his toys so I just decided to stand him up against our couch and he was immediately entertained. You will notice in this picture our ottoman is in front of the tv. That is because he's decided one of his other favorite things is crawling under the tv and playing with the dvd player and whatever else in under there.

He's also started exploring the whole house. I used to bring him into whatever room I was in and he's just move around in that one area and play. Now he's going into the kitchen, living room, family room, down the hall, in the closet, etc. Each day holds a new discovery for Logan and more work for mom and dad.

I just wanted to post this picture because I think he looks so big. He's almost too big for his baby tub. Now that he's bigger, sometimes I give him baths in our bathtub and he just loves it because he can kick and splash all over the place.

Since he can't pull himself up and can barely sit himself up with no help, there's not a lot of things within his reach and yet he always manages to find something to get into.

We recently discovered that Logan loves being outside. I take him out on our porch swing and he's just fascinated with everything around him. Scott will take him out with him on Saturdays while he's working on the yard, putting up Christmas lights, whatever project he's working on and Logan is completely content. He, of course, likes to eat grass, leaves, dirt, and yes I've caught him with rocks so we have to keep a close eye on the little guy. Here he is helping Scott rake the leaves and help me pick grapefruits in our backyard.
Some other new things Logan's doing is he loves playing peek a boo, he cracks up every time we dance, and he gives his mama kisses. He actually started doing that all on his own. One morning I got him out of bed and he grabbed my face and "kissed" my cheek. I pretty much kiss him every time I get him up or put him to bed so I'm guessing that's how it got started. Now, if I tell him "dame besitos" or "give me kisses," he'll give a slobbery, open mouth kiss. So far that's only a mama thing. Scott still hasn't gotten a kiss from him yet. He's also a very good eater and will literally eat anything new I give him with no problems at all. His favorite food, however, is still paper. Though he seems a little young for it, he actually loves to sit and look at books while I read them to him...the baby proof ones that he can't eat of course. Though I almost hate to admit it, I think he's turning into a little bit of a mama's boy. He loves everyone and has no problem going to even perfect strangers but when he's tired or cranky, sometimes I'm the one who has the magic touch. I just can't help but feel proud about that. He's also had his first haircut and sometimes I even style what little hair he has. Here he is in his George Costanza pose that he does all the time.
This first one is a picture of him doing this thing where he puts his lips together and kind of spits. I'm not sure what to call it. The rest are just random pictures.


4 comments:

Nessa said...

OH MY GOSH ALICIA....he is SO adorable in these pics...he is like a little man now!!! Loved this post!

The Robertson Family said...

He's getting so BIG!!! I love his little sweater vest outfit. He's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

That huge grin just kills me.

Christi Pobst said...

He is a hunk! I secretly love that I am the only one that can comfort Westin.

Westin also does that very same lip thing! Matt just loves it and seriously can't get enough of it!

Can't believe he is 7 months already!