Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oops. Were you talking to me?

When I was going to school and working, the only books I would read was the required reading for tests or homework and church literature. Now that I'm out of school and after first reading Twilight, I resurrected my long lost love of books. I haven't looked back since. Scott took this picture a few months ago. Apparently he was talking to me but I was so enthralled by my book I had absolutely no idea he was even in the same room as I was. As I'm seeing Katniss, torn between her two loves, realize she must go back to the games and fight to the death...I'll notice everything is quiet and I'll look up and see Scott just staring at me. "Oops. Were you talking to me?" I'll say as innocently as I can, not having a clue how long he'd been standing there waiting for my response. He's gotten used to this now and knows that no matter what I say, if I'm not looking at him, I'm not actually hearing him. After I read an amazing book, I try my hardest to convince him he's GOT to read this book. But so far, no luck. I'm hoping in a few months, after he's done studying for his Series 7 that he'll give it a try. I just need a great book to get him hooked. I never know what books I should read which is why I love going to book club cause they pick some really great ones. I'm also taking suggestions. So if anyone has any good recommendations, for me or Scott, I'd love to hear them. I started a list of what I've read recently, the ones I can remember, because for some reason I can't for the life of me remember what I read.

3 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Reading is a dangerous hobby for me too. Once I get started it's REALLY hard to stop. I know I have a problem when I get testy at the kids for needing my attention. :)

Kerilee Law said...

You should join GoodReads.com
It lets us book-readers see what you're reading and your comments about it. It's a great way to get recommendations for other books to read too. Be sure to add me as a friend if you join! :)

The Robertson Family said...

So funny! This happens to me and Jeff lately also. He hates when I read a big series. Too bad! Reading is fun, it's an escape from reality-for a little while.