The Friday before Labor Day we headed to Huntington Beach. That was also my birthday and I was having one of the worst days I had had in a long time. Our air conditioner broke around 3am which we were actually happy about because it was under warranty but we live in Arizona and it's summer here until Halloween. Need I say more? I didn't sleep pretty much from then on and I definitely don't do well without sleep. I guess Logan isn't a huge fan of the heat because he wouldn't eat or sleep that day and I couldn't get him to stop crying. Dealing with him and my own discomforts of heat and fatigue as well as pretty much being trapped at home since we had to be there while the AC was getting worked on made for an extremely long day. And the 7 hour car ride hadn't even begun. The trip wasn't too bad but I couldn't sleep partly because I was too wound up and partly because our car is too small for 3 adults and a car seat. (Scott's sister rode with us too). Of course with less than an hour left, Logan decided to start screaming and he just wouldn't stop no matter what I did. This is extremely rare for him, if not unheard of, and I had already dealt with it all morning so I was ready to turn around and go home at that point. To make things worse, it was even hot in Huntington Beach when we got there that night and I was absolutely sick of being hot and uncomfortable. It seems silly now but I was just having a hard day and wanted to go to bed and get that day behind me. After that, things got a little better. Scott's family watched Logan and let Scott and I get out by ourselves for a little while. I'm sure after my behavior the night before they were willing to do anything to make me a little more pleasant since they'd have to be around me all weekend. It was nice, though. We just ran some errands and walked around downtown. Scott's bro in law Matt and his family are big BYU fans and though I went there myself I was born and will inevitably die a Sooner fan so we were pretty excited about the game. This picture was taken before the end result hence the smile on my face. For those of you that don't know, the ending results were a terrible loss and an injured quarterback for OU. I was no longer smiling to say the least. Not a great start for my team on the opening weekend of my absolute favorite sport.

The reason we went to Huntington Beach was for Logan's new little cousin Westin's baby blessing. We took lots of cousin pictures. Logan was absolutely fascinated with Westin which was interesting since he's never paid attention to any other babies he's been around. Only this could put a smile on my face after that game.
Grandma Bair got the boys matching outfits. Westin was nice and mellow while Logan wiggled all over the place, wouldn't look at the camera, and tried to move Westin to where he thought he should go.


We even did bath time together which was pretty hilarious. Logan was having a good ol' time. To him, having people around, regardless of who or what the situation is, is a good time. Westin took a little beating with Logan's excited kicking legs and Logan just decided to take advantage of the situation and chew on his feet. As you can see, only Logan thought this was a fun idea.
Here's a picture of Scott's family that went to the blessing, which was absolutely beautiful. It was great to be a part of that big day.

We've been working on getting some pictures taken as a family so Matt and Christi took some pictures of us. We took a lot of really cute ones on the beach but Logan was not looking up or smiling because it was apparently too bright. Though we woke someone up in the process, we luckily got a good picture next to this wall by someone's bedroom window.
In the end it was a great weekend and I was so glad that we went. We had a really good time hanging out with Scott's family and meeting cute little Westin. Once we got home, we were extremely happy to walk into a nice cool house and have an air conditioner that didn't require us to turn up the tv or yell in order to hear over the awful noise it once made.
4 comments:
Sorry, my friend, but go Cougs!!! :D
Sorry, my friend, but go Cougs!!! :D
I just want to rub Logan's soft little bald head!!! How cute!!!
Hi, I don't know if you remember me but we know you guys thought the Carters. Anyway I found your blog tonight throught some other people we both know. How funny.
Your little boy is darling! Seriously!
I came across your post about the fact that you are in young women's and you had a great activity on modesty and we need one so if you have any information you are willing to share I would love it.
Thanks,
Tatum
Blog: haveasit.blogspot.com
email: t_holdaway(at)hotmail.com
Post a Comment