Friday, July 10, 2009

First Timer

Logan went on his first road trip a couple weeks ago. He and I went with some of Scott's family to Huntington Beach where his sister Christi lives for her baby shower. I was so nervous about the trip because I just never know what each day is going to bring with him...sometimes he's a breeze to take care of and sometimes he can be such a stinker. Plus, I was going at it without Scott. Though I knew I'd have the help of his mom and sisters, I was still pretty stressed out about how it would all go. We'd have to stop to feed him, change him and hope that he didn't make any messes or scream during the 7 hour drive there and back. Surprisingly he was great pretty much the whole trip. The car rocked him to sleep when he was tired and he was happy when he wasn't.
He looks like he's up to something in this picture.


As long as he had his pacifier, he was happy until we could stop even when it was time for him to eat lunch.
He also had his first trip to the beach. Christi was nice enough to let us use one of her future baby's hats and Stacy was nice enough to let us use her carrier. He loved riding around downtown in his stroller and loved being able to look around in the carrier but he wasn't a huge fan of the sun or the cold wind so we're still working on his love of the beach.
We also took Logan in the pool for the first time on the 4th of July. He wasn't too sure about it at first but now he seems to really like it.

And last of all of Logan's firsts, we took him to the movies. Yep we're those people you spot in a theater and then try to find a seat as far away as possible. I was okay with giving it a try since we were going to the $2 theater so no one spent a lot to see the movie and we planned ahead so the movie would start right after feeding time and we picked the latest showing so he would hopefully go to sleep right after he ate. I was still pretty stressed about it and anytime he made a peep or even looked like he was going to make a peep I was afraid he was going to cry. Luckily he was good and pretty much slept through the whole thing. The second time we went to see Transformers with my parents and it wasn't as perfectly planned since it was a little more last minute and we went out to eat before the movie. Since it wasn't late and he's pretty much on a schedule, he ate when the movie started and then was wide awake...just like I trained him. Transformers is pretty much all action and was really loud which I thought would bother him. I had him facing me and realized he kept trying to see what we were looking at. We sat him up in our arms and he just watched the movie. He was smiling and laughing and having a good 'ol time. At the very end he fell asleep even with all the loud noises of the movie. Besides peeing all over himself in the middle of the movie, diaper's fault not his, he was a perfect angel.

Scott won tickets to the Diamondbacks game tonight so we're gonna take him to his first baseball game. Hopefully that goes just as well.

No comments: